As part of our outreach efforts, members of our lab group occasionally lead trips or teach courses for Lab of Ornithology members or other groups affiliated with Cornell University.
Forthcoming opportunities to join us in the field or lecture hall:
Galápagos Archipelago: Wonders of Science and Natural History
Irby now leads several week-long expeditions to the Galápagos for Lab of Ornithology members each year. The overarching goal of these Galápagos trips is to experience the spectacular wildlife and scenery of the archipelago, but also to go beyond the typical tourist experience and delve into the deeper biological, geological, and historical significance of the things we experience together. More information on these trips can be found here (link). Video from some of our recent Galápagos trips are viewable here.
We are currently taking reservations for one trip in March 2016 and two trips in June 2016. More information is available in our trip brochure linked here.
For information on additional future Galápagos trips please email Irby or Lynn Swain (email@example.com).
Antarctica: Wonders, Whales, and White-chinned Petrels with Dr. Scott Taylor
This 13 day cruise will depart from Ushuaia in southern Patagonia during high summer and head across the Drake Passage in the company of albatrosses, petrels, and whales. Our exploration of the Antarctic Peninsula will bring us to penguin colonies, abandoned whaling stations, and offer stunning views of mountains, glaciers, and icebergs. Through on-the-ground outings and onboard lectures we’ll explore the amazing biological, geological, and historical significance of the White Continent.
More information on this trip can be found here.
December 17-29, 2014: spaces avaliable
Our Past Trips and Courses for Lab Members and the Cornell community:
- Galápagos Expeditions for Lab of Ornithology members, two trips in April 2015 (Irby Lovette)
- Galápagos Expeditions for Lab of Ornithology members, November 2014 (Irby Lovette)
- Taking Flight: An Introduction to the World of Birds, Cornell Summer College 2014 (Scott Taylor)
- Galápagos Expedition for Lab of Ornithology members, March/April 2014 (Irby Lovette)
- Voyage Between Two Continents: From Africa to Patagonia, Cornell Adult University, November/December 2013 (Scott Taylor)
- Taking Flight: An Introduction to the World of Birds, Cornell Summer College 2013 (Scott Taylor)
- Galápagos Expedition for Lab of Ornithology members, March/April 2013 (Irby Lovette)
- Tanzania Natural History, Cornell Adult University, February 2013 (Irby Lovette)
- Galápagos Expedition for Lab of Ornithology members, April 2011 (Irby Lovette)
- Galápagos Expedition for the New York Yacht Club, April 2009 (Irby Lovette)